Tuesday 22 January 2013

DK5DR is now P.B.O.T.A. (Push Bike on The Air!)


Mr. Walt sent in this photo of his new mobile setup calling his station now as active "PBOTA" or Push Bike on The Air.

"The idea came about when i found out that so many people are talking over me while im on the air chatting with my good buddies. The idea was:  If only I could be a mobile operator I could get out and about, park up outside my good buddies home and chat away on the rig for as long as they will talk to me!


I jumped on the bus down to my local 2nd hand shop to have a dig around for a bike.  Poking around the shop I bumped into my best friend Helmet (CB Handle) not only did he fix me up with a real good deal on some wheels, he threw in a bike trailer gratis! 
The trailer holds the tractor battery and my 1 KW burner and powers my typewriter so I can type up some QSL cards and deliver them right to the door!  In the photo you can see some solar panels i borrowed off a roof just down the road to recharge the tractor battery on sunny day's (lets me talk for longer).  The bike is great its got a little dynamo too, if I jack up the frame on an old house brick the back wheel just lifts off the ground so I can continue to charge the battery to run the rig, burner and typewriter through the night (I found that moonlight isn't that great at charging the battery!) Now I hope to start a PBOTA group with its own website too, make some friends and an internet Yahoo group!


See ya all around for an eyeball soon!"

10:10 till we do it again
Mr. Walt
DK5DR /M (PBOTA Mobile)
DK5DR My CB Radio Bike

And here is my good bud Helmet...

Helmet


No comments:

Post a Comment